Wednesday, August 11, 2010

TRAVEL TRAUMA

So, it's been a while since I've made an entry, partly because of lack of anything clever to contribute, and partly lack of time. I've been nursing my injury since Saturday, and Sunday proved detrimental between commuting in the heat and standing for 4 clients straight without a break.

On Monday, commuting to the office job in the sweltering heat and humidity turned my leg into an overgrown Jimmy Dean sausage, which showed little improvement after a few happy hour specials with good chums M & Roo.

Tuesday I woke up and eureka, I found my knee cap! The swelling was almost entirely gone and I could bend my leg again! Happy days! Until...a long, tedious and stressful commute to the NEW Meadowlands for USA vs. Brazil brought Jimmy Dean back. Luckily, I was able to hitch a ride home and avoid the struggle with the crowds on the return.

Today, I did everything right, elevated, compression, etc. Only problem was, it was my first day at the chiropractor's office. 5 clients and about 4.5 hours later, I was back on the train in the sweltering heat. On the upside, I got to know my colleague the physical therapist who lives just 3 blocks away from me. But how can I tell her that I prefer to take the 4/5 to the 7 at Grand Central when she takes the N to the 7 at QB Plaza?

No comments:

Post a Comment