Wednesday, August 4, 2010

TnT TRAINING: Extra Explosive!

Temper Tantrum Training...

Today I spent a couple of hours training at a new job. Let's call my boss Dr. Baby, because he behaved like a spoiled little brat throwing a temper tantrum during training today. He became agitated and angry when I couldn't figure out how his wacky table adjusted (which later we discovered was not even functioning properly). At that point he acknowledged that he needed "a moment" to gather himself (and undoubtedly pound his fists and feet on the ground) for fear of "scaring" me away.

That wasn't the only incident, in fact, even in the interview I noticed this temper rising. And it's not exclusive to the therapists, as he also (mis)treated his office help, and publicly scolded the office coordinator in front of the staff. Very unprofessional.

Little does he know, I've worked for his sort before, on more than one occasion. Now I'm not saying that I WANT to work for someone who acts like a five year old who just had his ball stolen, then lashes out on the wrong and usually the closest person to him. I can handle it, as long as I think I will benefit from it, but make no mistake, this is my third job, and only one evening a week, HE needs ME more than I need him! And here's the ironic part, he told me that he liked my energy, perhaps because I represent the antithesis of his negativity?

Bottom line is he'll have to quickly learn that I won't tolerate being a (public) punching bag when he gets frustrated...only time will tell if I'm successful in breaking him.

Official first day is next Wed, stay tuned...[sigh]

No comments:

Post a Comment