Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TRICK: #7 line - Manhattan to Queens

After a long day starting with seeing my visiting friend off at 4:30am, a job interview at 10am (which I think I landed successfully, whether I want it or not is another issue), the law office at 11:30am, happy hour with an old friend by 6:30, and finally homeward bound on the #1 to the #7. It was here that I saw a young man with his "pants on the ground" stand up, and completely undo his pants, reached into his pants to tuck in, god knows what, and refasten his waistband, in the name of exhibition I can only guess. But even more comical, was the Asian woman who sat in the seat right next to me, completely ignoring an entire row of open seats just next to her, only to discover only after I started coughing, that she'd rather sit in opposite end of the car...at which time I asked myself, would this trick work with any passenger, or only an Asian who left their mask at home?

TRICK: To acquire additional real estate on the #7 Flushing-bound train, simply fake a sudden obvious and repulsive illness...

PS...Perhaps I'm missing some important message about my means of transport, between the above events on mass transit and the Personal Mobility Assessment Questionnaire from the Scooter Store, what is this telling me?

No comments:

Post a Comment